German blue ram with red fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraceGish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my two german blue rams has developed red fins over night! He's also very lethargic. Does anyone know what it could be and how should I treat it?

Water levels all fine so definitely not ammonia poisoning.

Thank you

One of my two german blue rams has developed red fins over night! He's also very lethargic. Does anyone know what it could be and how should I treat it?

Water levels all fine so definitely not ammonia poisoning.

Thank you

It's becoming a popular color morph for most rams on the market. I've only seen them like that at my local fish store, my rams from a breeder do not exhibit the red. In your case, it appears that your ram has become acclimated to your tank so that's a good sign if his fins are coloring up. Post some pics

Something's definitely not right, he's hardly moving and his black bars are beginning to show (which I understand is a sign of stress?)

Here's a rubbish picture, he's been hiding in this plant all day!

Attachments

• image-2275343012.jpg
    image-2275343012.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 89
This is from a test today

pH 7.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10 ppm - could this be a problem?

This is from a test today

pH 7.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10 ppm - could this be a problem?

Doubt it, rams are just fine with nitrates under 20 but 10 is perfect. You just got him? He could still be adjusting. Make a water change like 50% and see how that goes

Had them both for about 2 months now. Did a 25% water change yesterday.

I think he's dying :( just started flipping around with little control

Back
Top Bottom