Ghost catfish bloated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can home tonight to find both of my ghost cats to have quite bloated looking bellies. I am worried about them as I have had them for some time. I tested the water and it tested fine. I did throw in a cube of spirulina brine shrimp before I left. I am thinking they could be bloated? Or constipated? This has never happened before. I am thinking of trying to give them frozen peas tomorrow to see if that helps, problem is, is that they don't swim to the top when I put in food. Any tips? Help!

My best guess is that they ate too much. Hopefully it goes away. Give them a day to poop. Peas would normally be my suggestion, but it can be hard to get them to fish that don't come to the surface.

What kind of food do you feed? Try the pea trick and maybe try supplementing spiraluna into their diet

I was feeding spirulina brine shrimp, it seems to have gone down though I think.

I feed my fish xtreme aquatics food which contains spiraluna and I've had no bloat issues in my tank. I feed frozen bloodworms once a week with one day no food and all is good. Actually my fish go nuts for this food as it has krill in it. But be mindful it smells funky lol.

Yeah when I do flake I think it has worn and krill maybe I can't remember haha

Where do you get it? I haven't Seen tht at petsmart I get my stuff there because I get a discount. I was thinking of trying reapshy as well

I don't go to petland! I work at petsmart and no one knows anything when I ask questions.

Mine is amazing for knowing about fish. We don't have a huge variety because we're a small ish store but the people I work with ate awesome.

Back
Top Bottom