Ghost Knife Fish. H E L P!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaeDalton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and desperately need help or advice.

I recently rescued some fish from my favorite aquatics shop here in my local area just before the coronaVirus lock down started.

One of the fish I rescued is a large Black Ghost Knife fish, he was all okay and in pretty decent condition from where he came and was put into my 50 gallon tank with another much smaller BGK that was also rescued, however a few days later his tail turned an off red colour and then started to deteriorate... Its now quite manky looking and his white strip has now turned to a dirty looking white.... The smaller BGK is fine however, no noticeable marks and stays on his side of the tank but often comes to check on his buddy and encourages him to eat when I feed them both

Is this fin/ tail rot???

I also can't test my water as lockdown has closed all aquatic shops in my area and I can't get the supplies I need, I can't even order them online... I can only check the chlorine and the ph at this stage until lockdown is over in 14 days ?....

Please help.

I would do extra water changes just to keep the water as clean as possible, having 2 bgk in one tank isn't a good idea as they will fight maybe it's an injury? At the moment all you can really do is pwc. Can you get a picture?

Back
Top Bottom