Ghost Shrimp for Ick cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolverine121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got done reading FMA and I found something great. The article said that the Ghost shrimp will control Ick and other parasites to a certain degree. It's the natural way as they put it. So I went to my LFS and got 8 ghost shrimp for $2.00. The small ones I put in with the tetras and the large ones I put in with the gouramis. They are cleaning the bottom where the catfish can't get too :king: and if they can control parasites, thats a plus!!! Just thought I'd let ya know, I thought it was pretty neat.

Excellent, I just wish I'd known this when my two ClownLoaches got hit with ich a few weeks back. Maybe then, I'd still have two rather than one. :(

Hi wolverine121,

That is a great tip.

OK, this may be a weird question...
Is FMA another aquaria magazine or was it a typo (instead of AFM) :?:

I just picked up an issue of Aquarium Fish Magazine last night (because it has an article about freshwater puffers that I am interested in) and I was wondering if this had the story about ghost shrimp.

Anyone ?

GREAT!

that's such a great tip but in my 10 gallon tank I don't think I could stuff anymore in there (6 neon tetras, 4 harlequin rasboras, 3 panda corydoras, 2 gouramis (sunset), 4 threadfin rainbowfish and one aquatic frog!) :lol:

Hello targaboy78, It wasn't a typo. The magazine is Freshwater and Marine Aquarium I get it at my local Tops supermarket. WWW.FAMAMAGAZINE.COM. Well in a sense I guess it was a typo it should have been FAMA. 8O

I need to try this ghost shrimp business. They would probably clean up a lot more than the pleco does. Do they eat planaria? :)

-j

Hi wolverine121,

Awesome, I'll bookmark their site and keep an eye open at the magazine rack. 8O

Thanks for the info.

Re: GREAT!

wills40litreaquarium said:
that's such a great tip but in my 10 gallon tank I don't think I could stuff anymore in there (6 neon tetras, 4 harlequin rasboras, 3 panda corydoras, 2 gouramis (sunset), 4 threadfin rainbowfish and one aquatic frog!) :lol:

That sure is a lot for a ten gallon !!

Hey targaboy, Sounds like you are currently not a subscriber.

Aquarium Fish Magizine
Subscribe today
  • This is a very nice magizine that is published monthly. There are seperate sections dedicated for Saltwater, Reef, Freshwater and Ponds. Another nice part about this magizine is that there are Q&A sections where readers post questions to the "experts" that write for the magizine.

Use the link above to subscribe at a discount if you want. :)

Hi fishfreek,

Thanks for the link. You know, I never even thought of subscribing. :oops:

I'll definately check it out. Amazon also has a Canadian site, AMAZON.CA. I'll see if I can order it through them.

Thanks again.

Hi fishfreek,

Thanks for the link. You know, I never even thought of subscribing. :oops:

I'll definately check it out. Amazon also has a Canadian site, AMAZON.CA. I'll see if I can order it through them.

Thanks again.

:oops: Sorry about the double-post this afternoon. Some sort of weird refresh / back button combination that obviously didn't do what I wanted it to do. You would never guess that I am a computer guy by trade. :roll:

Hi fishfreek,
I just figured out what you were getting at about Amazon.com. But it took reading this thread to help me clue in.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=1317&highlight=
fishfreek wrote:
Of course if you do buy the book from amazon I ask that you use the link in the suggested readings list as that will give the website a small (very small) % of the sale.
I will most definately try getting it through aquariumadvice.com's link.
(Provided that they will deliver to us Canadians).

Back
Top Bottom