Ghost shrimp help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a ghost shrimp with a small piece of gravel (Eco complete) stuck to one of his front foot. How can I remove it without hurting the shrimp?

I would just leave him alone. If you tried to unstuck him you might injure him.

I don't have a whole bunch of experience with shrimp but from what I have encountered, they can be pretty fragile so I'd just see how the situation develops and leave him be

Ok, I'll leave him alone for now and see if he can unstick himself. I'll be bummed if he dies from this as he is one of three that has made it from the original eight I purchased last week.

I hope he gets unstuck! I love shrimp but I never seem to get one that makes it very long, just so fragile. Good luck! :)

He's strong, I'll give that to him. He's swimming around with it.

Looks like Rocky got his foot unstuck. Yes, I named him Rocky because of this incident. Only problem is now I don't know which one he is as he is no longer carrying the rock around.

blert said:
Looks like Rocky got his foot unstuck. Yes, I named him Rocky because of this incident. Only problem is now I don't know which one he is as he is no longer carrying the rock around.

Lol!!! Thats funny

Glad he got it unstuck. I had one that was, but now I have three that are his size and I don't know which one he is. I like to think I can pick him out though. :brows:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom