Glofish danio deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the past week I've had 3 of my 6 glo danios die. I got them about a week and a half ago and went on vacation and both times I got back one of them was dead. Then today another one was dead that wasn't dead this morning. Tank is a 10g with an aqueon quietflow 10. Sand bottom with a few live plants. Stock right now is three danios and two 2 1/2 week old guppy fry. Ammonia is 0ppm and PH is 6.6. Is the PH too low? I can do a water change and get that up (my tap is usually about 7.8). Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What is nitrate and nitrite? Is your tank fully cycled?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't have a nitrite/nitrate test. The tank has been going for a while now maybe 6-12 months.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It's usually recommend that you have a freshwater liquid test kit. Cheapest I have found is API master freshwater rest kit on Amazon. They are about $25. It's important to know the nitrate and nitrite. If you are using ammonia test strips I would seriously recommend you switch to the liquid kits they are a lot more accurate. I really dont suspect the Ph is the problem unless it dropped very suddenly. If you have any sort of driftwood that could help account for the Ph change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom