Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Glofish sick :(

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what may be wrong with my daughters glofish.

We purchased our glofish back in January- she had 5. Now we only have 4 (lost one guy to the filter). Itís a 10 gallon tank, does have Aquarium plants and houses. The 2 purple and one pink glofish are very large. This little guy is very small, appears to have lost weight. His fins are bit as vibrant and appear to be missing now on his lower half. Iíd really like to do what I can to help him. We also have 3 snails in the tank with them.

I attached two pictures of our sick little guy and one of the other fish to scale.

Thanks for the feedback!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FA3BE7F4-22AC-4B1A-8656-40E8E08580AC.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	320471   Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA18BEE-0C20-4D7E-A7B1-58643A9916BF.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	320472  

Click image for larger version

Name:	218F0AB7-92A0-48EF-8AAA-B5FD5CFDDC48.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	320473  

Old 04-12-2021, 09:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Treat with prazipro. I had some that looked just like that when I got them. Internal parasites, most likely, leading to malnourishment. It’s safe enough for the whole tank. I have otos shrimp snails etc and used it as directed with no problems to any inhabitants.

I just got a few more from someone who was moving and she’s had them for years and one has always been small and weak. It has probably had parasites this whole time and she didn’t know. I treated with prazi and within 2 days it was the first one to food and is doing it’s best to make up the lost weight!

Check your water parameters too as it looks like it has some fin rot as well! I would do a 50% water change every couple days to help with the fin rot too. If it doesn’t seem to be getting better or starts to get worst you may need to treat for bacterial infection too.

Tags
fish, glofish, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com