Gold Barb having seizures??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

community_tank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my tank set up for about a month and a half now and everything was going swell and dandy until abut a week ago when my gold barb started to have what looked like seizures. As the days progressed his fits would last longer and get more and more violent. I put him in a different tank by himself and nothing has improved. If I leave the lights off, things a little better but the tank is in room and I can't have the lights off and curtains down the entire day. He was the only one effected in the tank, all levels read normal, there wasn't a temp change, and I have been prompt to change the water when needed which is about 50% weekly.
Has anyone had this happen to their fish?? Is there anything I can do to make him feel better?

I don't think the fish brain is complicated enough to have a "siezure" i would really suggest you provide more symptoms like is it scraping/flashing? Swimming awkardly (swim bladder) sometimes fish can get "fright" where they freat out and swim around the tank, especially when the lights come on. Some internal gut parasites or bacteria can make a fish swim/float awkardly as well.......

Back
Top Bottom