Gold fish scales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI,

I have two gold fish. One is all gold that I have had for six years. The other is goldy red. black and silver with a fan tail that I've had for four years.

They are in a tank 45cm long 26cm wide and 27cm in height. There is an airator and pump in the tank, live plants, the water is clean and their is a water snail.

They have always had the same tank and products in the water. They have steamed peas three times a week to gaurd against constipation and have a block gold fish food, never flacks.

The fantail (Rudy) over the last couple of days has lost a lot of colour on one side and is swimming leaning to the side.

The two fish have always been very communal, always close together and often touching when resting. They never seem agressive to each other.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris.

Hi! Welcome to AA!!! How do your water parameters look (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph)? What is your water change schedule (%/#wk)? Unfortunately, the dimensions you gave indicate the tank is only 8g. This in itself is an issue thats likely playing a role in their health as well as water quality issues. Some more info will help! :)

Back
Top Bottom