Gold nugget pleco not sucking?!!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have seen my gold nugget pleco not sucking! Could he be sick?or scared that there are other catfish in the same tank?

Gordo124 said:
I have seen my gold nugget pleco not sucking! Could he be sick?or scared that there are other catfish in the same tank?

Gold nugget plecos are awesome fish, they dont suck! Lol ignore that part

Whats he doing? Not sucking on the glass?

George9 said:
Gold nugget plecos are awesome fish, they dont suck! Lol ignore that part

Whats he doing? Not sucking on the glass?

Haha... Sorry i didnt answer you earlier ... Um he does but only at night... But hes in this cave thing and hes on the ceiling of the cave but i do not see his mouth on it...

Gordo124 said:
Haha... Sorry i didnt answer you earlier ... Um he does but only at night... But hes in this cave thing and hes on the ceiling of the cave but i do not see his mouth on it...

I dont have a pleco, but it doesnt seem like it is a bad thing. Maybe someone else will chime in, but i think its fine.

Not sure if gold nuggets are the same but I have a gibbiceps and he prefers meaty foods and hardly ever sucks on the glass so I wouldn't worry

They don't suck all the time mine sometimes just sits on the gravel.... No biggy. Here's a pic though, he sure has a perrrty mouth :)

Attachments

• image-2406763582.jpg
    image-2406763582.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 141
Sharkbait54 said:
They don't suck all the time mine sometimes just sits on the gravel.... No biggy. Here's a pic though, he sure has a perrrty mouth :)

Wow, hes gorgeous :)

Ok i'll try getting some shrimps tomorrow...
And what other meaty food can i give him?

P.s i researched the gold nugget pleco and saw that it is an omnivore but is more carnivore than herbivore...

Sharkbait54 said:

Wow he's looks pretty big ! How big is he?

Mine is in my predator tank and eats just about everything they do, even silversides but I give him hikari algae wafers aswell

I cant drop algae wafers in my tank cuz ALL of my fish attack the algae wafer as if they have never eaten!

Have you tried veg? I have tried a few times but mine takes no notice of it lol I wouldn't worry to much tho he will be getting all the greens he needs from tank algae so as long as he looks healthy and colourful I think he's ok

Shane87 said:
Have you tried veg? I have tried a few times but mine takes no notice of it lol I wouldn't worry to much tho he will be getting all the greens he needs from tank algae so as long as he looks healthy and colourful I think he's ok

Yea, i left a piece of zucchini on a fork inside the tank... I have seen him on it once , but i dont see any holes that should be left by him...

Exactly what mine does lol I would say he just prefers the meaty foods like mine does :)

Shane87 said:
Exactly what mine does lol I would say he just prefers the meaty foods like mine does :)

Alright i'll try to go get some shrimp from the grocery store..

Sharkbait54 said:
He's like 5 inches.

My common pleco is around the same size! I saved him from the horrors of walmart more than a year ago... He was 2 1/2 inches when i got him.. He was the first pleco i've ever gotten

image-4197852512.jpg

Back
Top Bottom