Gold Severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musket

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I changed the water, she looked bloated. I added maracyn2 and she started swimming sporadically. By the time I found the Euthanasia page and read it, she was dead. She had been harassed by the other severums since her partner died. I've had her in a tiny tank to herself for almost 3 weeks now. I had been hoping to get my 30g set up so I could put her in there. I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. I feel so bad, cuz she was better from the harassing, and now I feel I killed her. :cry:

It happens I have one I am growing out in a seperate tank at the moment. I feel your pain they are really such gorgeous fish. Hopefully you can make a trip to the LFS I know it cant replace her but you might just find a good little one you like.

thanks clubsuperduty. But until I get that other tank setup - if I set it up, I won't be getting any new ones. She was my first fish in that tank. I got 4 servums and an angel. The 5 of them went everywhere together. It was so cute. Then I got some more angels and once the angel started to hang out with them, the severums grouped in to 2 pairs. She and her hubby were laying eggs for me all the time. I saw wigglers all the time, but never got them out in time. She had eggs when we left on our 3 day vacation and when I got home her hubby was sick and the eggs were gone. Then the other pair wanted her spot and chased her way too much, she started to hide, that is when I took her out. I put her back in for a day after she healed form the harrassing, but the next afternoon I found her upside down in a plant in the corner. I took her out again and she got better again... but then, I guess I did something wrong. :(

Sorry to hear about your loss. Do not blame yourself. You did everything you knew how to do to help her and even tried to get more information to help her. Sometimes we just don't win.

I agree I wouldn't blame your self sounds like you did everything you could sometimes it is better to have lost a fish than have one that is really not in great shape and gets harassed by other fish when your not looking.

yes, you are right I suppose.. But it still sucks... She was such a beauty, and so sweet. A good parent... Too bad I never got to keep any of their babies. They were the bosses of hte tank, but didn't bully or harass anyone. They just didn't take any Shite from anyone.

Back
Top Bottom