Golden Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My golden ram had ick approximately 5 months ago and survived and was fine thankfully.

Recently he has been resting a lot, and when he moves it's like a quick robotic move and then he just stops. He does it pretty much all day, with no real continuous movement more than about a couple of minutes at a time.

I don't feel like it's normal. He still eats, and looks fine, but he even falls asleep while eating or loses consciousness or something. He looks like he's disoriented, because when he wakes up, he just starts moving, and then he'll just stop like he forgot where he was going.

Should I try to take him out and put him in salt water. Has anyone had any experience with this dealing with a golden ram in particular? Suggestions for helping are welcome either way.

Tank facts: Water temp at approx 82 degrees. Water check is fine. Other fish are fine. 20-25% water changes weekly w/ RO water. I do have plants in the tank that I trim and remove debris weekly.

Could we have some more details on the tank? Size, age, actual water parameters? Other fish?

Anything you have done recently out of the ordinary? Anything new or anything changed?

Is there a reason for the RO water? Do you remineralise at all or mix with tap water?

Back
Top Bottom