golden ram not so gold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawlessr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i have a golden ram and he is not so gold any more he is practally white
has anyone had this problem he seams to be eating and swimming around ok, but he dose not look healthy . Should i put him in a qt thank?:(:(

Did you just get him recently or have you had him for a while? And your gonna get asked what your water parameters are? ammonia, nitrite, nitrate ect. Also what size tank? What else is with him, all that jazz so the smarter fellows than you and me can get a clear picture of whats happening at your place.

He is in a 32 g tank nitrates 25mg/l ph 7.6 i have not tested ammonia leavels as i am just learning about them, thanks to this web sight .
He has cardenls ,2 barbs,2 austrailian rainbow,1 red tail shark,3 dinoes,2
angle ,1 cat fish,and a few rummy nose tetras to keep him company.If he is sick i would like to qt him before i get any more trouble.Anny body any ideas?:rolleyes:

How long has the tank been in operation? ammonia and nitrites are vital info. If your tank is still cycling or if your readings for those two things are things are above zero than that would be a good indication of your problem. As far qt him I'm not sure however, it doesn't sound like a spreadable disease, I could be wrong though.

The tank has being running since september 08 nitrate is 25mg/l ,have not got a ammonia test kit i will have to get one in the morning if it is ammonia how do i get rid of it ,is it just more water changes or do i do something else .The nitrate test kit told me my leavels were accectable :n00b:

Well it would still be a good idea to get an ammonia test but I think if your fish have been ok this long that your tank is cycled. (Do you understand the nitrogen cycle?) The only way to be sure would be to get the ammonia and nitrite test though. However, fish usually don't just get sick. There must be some sort of environment change lately. I'm beyond my expertise now though my Ram has never given me any problems. Sorry I would have thought one of the fish genius' would have helped you out by now though. If they don't respond in a few days I would repost.

Cheers for the reply mate just finished a 25% water change hope that might help a little bit ill have to get a proper test kit as soon as all this snow clears.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom