Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you please provide your tank size, exact water parameters for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/ph, testing means (liquid or strips), water change schedule and the issues your fish are having? Also, is this a new fish or have any new fish been added in the past 2 mths? The more information you can provide, the better we can help! :)

jlk said:
Can you please provide your tank size, exact water parameters for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/ph, testing means (liquid or strips), water change schedule and the issues your fish are having? Also, is this a new fish or have any new fish been added in the past 2 mths? The more information you can provide, the better we can help! :)

Emm its a 36l tank 7 fish in it 5 small mountain minnows 2 goldfish no fish added for ages

Do you have a liquid test kit for your water that measures ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph? What is your water change schedule (%/#wk)?

36l is only 9g. In your 1st pic it appears theres a common goldfish, an orange & white fancy goldfish of some sort (cant see its head) and what looks like the tail of a black moor. Is this correct? Plus the minnows equals are very seriously overstocked tank and I suspect water quality issues (high ammonia, nitrite & nitrate) are making your fish sick in addition to severely inadequuate tank size. The only fish that should be in this size tank are the minnows, I am afraid to say.

You need to address your stocking situation as soon as possible in order for these guys to have a chance at becoming healthy. The two fancies need atleast 30-40g just for themselves. The common realistically belongs in a pond or a very large tank. The minnows are fine for a 9g. Until you can address their tank situation, I would suggest changing no less than 50% of their water atleast once a day, twice would be better. Make sure you temperature match & properly condition any new water. Please ask if you have any questions!!!

Back
Top Bottom