Goldfish bottom sitting :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I wake up this morning to all three of my ryukins sitting on the bottom. One of them has a swim bladder issue and this is a common occurance but all three is very strange.

I have a 37gal tank with an aquaclear 70 and a sunsun submersible filter.
Am-0ppms
NI-0ppms
NA-5-10ppms
PH-7.2ish
Tbh I was very pleasantly suprized to see such a low nitrate level I've been having some issues. One of my ryukins has a bit of a fungus and I live in a small town and I'm getting meds for that this week.

Any ideas why their all sitting on the bottom? Yesterday the two that dont have SBD were hanging out near the water surface alot if that helps.

Also as soon as I'm around they, with the exception of the fish with SBD, get up and stop sitting on the bottom.

I would double check your nitrate results. Make sure you really shake and bang those bottles. I would also suggest a big water change because it sounds like something is amiss with the water even if its not showing up on your tests.

I'm hoping to do another change tommorow if I have time. I shook that bottle extra well. For like a minite instead of 30 seconds.

Also as soon as I'm around they, with the exception of the fish with SBD, get up and stop sitting on the bottom.

A few years back I had an oranda that would rest on the bottom when I was not in the room. Then it swam around when it saw me. Probably responding to potentially being fed. I did manage to sneak up on it on occasion (yes, weird...I'm stalking my fish) and watch it. IMO I think fish can get bored especially with no tank mates. Hope yours are okay.

Lol dont feel weird I do the same. Just to see how their acting when they dont see me you know?

Yea I'll be dressed in camo watching my fish. Nothing wrong with that lol

Lol makes me think of the walking bush I saw the other day. I live in some serious hunting area and some guy was walking down the street in a full ghillie suit, you know the bushes and leaf suits? Too funny

Back
Top Bottom