Goldfish emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amethystfern

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't know how but my celestial eye got stuck in one of the decorations in the tank. It was a struggle to get her out but she did, she was frantic when she got out and she's lost a lot of scales on her back. She's now sitting at the bottom of the tank facing a corner. I can't lose her like this. I feel awful. What do I do?

I have her floating in a colander for now and I dosed her with some API Stress Coat +. I don't know what else to do. I was going to clean the tank today anyway, so I'm getting ready to do that, too, and remove all decorations.

It looks so bad and it was entirely my fault.

Attachments

• 20863879_1170673909699645_1106680652_n.jpg
    20863879_1170673909699645_1106680652_n.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 26
Hmmm well it doesn't look too bad actually. I understand your scared for it and it's not your fault. Things like this can happen any time. It's most likely sitting on the bottom of the tank because of the stress it endured when it was stuck not necessarily due to its damage. The scales will grow back over time so don't worry about that. Remove the decor that's dangerous and monitor your levels. Maybe try adding a stress relief from API- (stress coat) also maybe try adding melafix to help heal. NOTE: Melafix is an antibacterial so if your cycle is struggling this will make it worse. Hope this helps a bit and the little guy heals nicely

Thank you! I feel better after reading your response. Do you think I should continue to float it in the colander for a while or does it not matter? The tank is spacious and it seems a little frazzled moving around right now which in turn is freaking out the other goldfish a bit.

Back
Top Bottom