goldfish has not eaten in a week .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonyhugs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I think it started with swimbladder issues because he kept floating to the top , [backend highest ] , now that seems to be about normal but just swims right by the food. tried peas , peas soaked in garlic , and a few other things but no luck . appreciate any suggestions . Hate to lose him since I have had him for about 10 yrs .

What are the water parameters?

Excellent water parameters will help.

What is the tank size and filter and your care routine?

Have there been any changes in fish additions before this happened? Change of filter media, any thing which might have caused an issue?

Is the tank cycled?

Edit - what other kinds of regular foods is he eating? Also are they floating sinking?

Last edited:
water parameters are good ,moved him to a separate hospital tank . 10 gal .He was in a 40 gal with 2 others . There have been no fish additions and i check the water parameters on a regular basis . He has only had a pea in about the last ten days . .He tried to eat anouther one then spit it back out about ten second later . I have tried brine shrimp dried and frozen , peas, flakes that float since he has been the top sometimes getting air .but i think thats because stress from a different tank . he did nibble on a piece of grape yesterday . but did not eat it . I tried putting some general cure med in tank but can tell if has helped or not . tried soaking peas in garlic but just swam right by . Don't have any idea what caused this but he was always the quickest eater so he might have ate to much one day . running out of ideas. Appreciate any suggestions .

Do you have any small gravel, stones, or pebbles in the tank? I had a fish swallow and get a stone stuck in its throat so of course couldn't eat.

yeah , I thought about that . I guess that's a possibility . I see all of them sometimes pick up stones and spit themout later but he is the smallest of the three .

Sounds a lot like another member who's betta was acting the same way...... floating head down and butt up. Very much like an air bladder issue caused by an internal bacteria infection.

Back
Top Bottom