goldfish is not moving after 4 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiba

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi
I purchased 4 goldfish and I used an air pump and carbon filter
but after 4 days the goldfish is not moving and its head toward down
is it sleeping or dead?
please if there is any way to recover them tell me

more details

type of fish :goldfish
the wrong with fish : it is not moving and its head toward down
size of tank :1 gallon
filter: carbon filter
name of filter: Fluval Spec/Evo/Flex Activated Carbon, Replacement Aquarium Filter Media A1377
quantity of fish:4
size of fish and kind: all four are the same size and same kind of goldfish
change water: today at 7 pm
about gravel: I do not put gravel
duration:4 days all four fishes
a new thing to tank: I used water Refresh drinking water
food: flakes

A lot wrong here, and a lot of unanswered questions.

How long have you had these fish?

A 1 gallon tank isnt big enough to keep any fish in, let alone goldfish. There is not a single species of fish i would recommend to put in a 1 gallon tank.

Goldfish get big, like 12 inches long. And if they are kept in a suitable living environment they will live decades.

If we assume your goldfish are fancy type goldish then a single goldfish needs a 20 gallon tank as a minimum. Each additional goldfish an additional 10 gallons. So your goldfish needs at least a 50 gallon tank if they are fancy type goldfish. If they are comet type an even bigger tank is needed. 30 gallons for a single comet GF and again another 10 gallons for each additional GF.

There are so many health issues from keeping GF in such a poor living environment its not even worth going onto. There is zero possibility of keeping healthy goldfish in a 1 gallon tank.

2 options.

- Get a much bigger tank immediately. Or
- Return the fish to where you got them and keep a few shrimp or a snail in your 1 gallon tank.

Im going to post a link to a thread discussing what to do if you find yourself with goldfish and dont know what to do with them.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f135/won-a-goldfish-at-a-fair-carnival-help-here-377527.html

Back
Top Bottom