Goldfish lethargy after separation/moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumberjack

Aquarium Advice Regular
This whole story starts out with me getting my girlfriend a 20 gallon with a single black moor goldfish with all of the necessary decorations and a a good marineland emperor filter and a gravel substrate. Her black moor was really lethargic so she thought giving him a friend was a good idea. Which it was because he became the opposite of lethargic when we added a ryukin goldfish of similar size.. And now about 8 months down the road the ryukin is an absolute giant. About the size of my hand. And looked likr he had no room to swim. And the moor has grown but is still alot smaller than the ryukin. I recently got a fancy goldfish stock of 4 in my 55 gallon. So we thought it would be for the better to switch her giant ryukin for my small red cap oranda. Not, The moor is now extremely lethargic just lays at the bottom of the tank behind a rock and sometimes won't even acknowledge the oranda. Is this due to some type of separation anxiety? All water parameters are good. Filter is good. No diseases are present. Only thing i can see different is that the moor has white patches behind his eyes. Does not look like ich .ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460813430.736110.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460813929.117119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460813853.712693.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460813853.712693.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 63
They have been known to miss their tankmates/friends.

I can't see the spots behind the eyes clearly. Can you try to get a better vew/close up of them?

Are you familiar with BB and cycling, etc. You have been around here for awhile so I would guess you do. But one thing I learned later in fish keeping was about the filter pads not to change and just throw them out. Do you keep the filter pads indefinitely and not rinse them out with tap water straight out of the tap?

The fish is either bored,stressed, or victim to ammonia poisoning. When I first got my goldfish in a bowl, it was all of the above. He was also cramped. Maybe another fish is secretly messing with him.

Back
Top Bottom