Goldfish suddenly dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webbaaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys, I have a 75 gallon tank and I've had the one gold fish in it for about 4 months now and I was watching him 10 minutes ago and he was swimming around like normal, eating his dinner doing everything perfectly normal and I just got up then and he was dead on the bottom on the tank. just tested the water and the water is perfect. any ideas on what could have happened?

I'm sorry your fish died.
I just Googled fish having heart attacks and strokes and they can both happen to fish.
They don't actually choke they get large pieces food stuck in their throats. Remember they don't breathe through their mouths they have gills for that.

I'm sorry your fish died.
I just Googled fish having heart attacks and strokes and they can both happen to fish.
They don't actually choke they get large pieces food stuck in their throats. Remember they don't breathe through their mouths they have gills for that.

thankyou, the only weird thing I noticed was (in the best way I can explain it) he was acting like a human swimmer, it looked like he was gasping for air at the surface but he obviously wasn't because as you said, he has gills for that. he only did it like three times then seemed perfectly fine after that

Back
Top Bottom