Goldfish with Black Smudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sleepylof

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

A few weeks ago I posted a topic about a sick goldfish. I found trapped under the internal filter, helped him out and his dorsal fin was partially shredded. Not surprisingly, he developed a white, cotton-like growth on the affected fin (probably fungus). I treated him with Furazone Light for about a week after consulting the forum here and he is more active, eating, and swimming.

Everything seems fine with him except, he has a black smudge on the affected fin. (It hasn't completely grown back yet). Is this cause for concern, or merely the fish healing? Thanks for your help.

IMO, likely the fish healing. I'd make sure you keep your water top notch and keep up with it. The fish will heal fine on it's own.

Goldfish also undergo numerous color changes during their life (usually, not always). I'd just keep an eye on it. If it starts to look too odd, then you might want to concern.

Devilishturtles said:
IMO, likely the fish healing. I'd make sure you keep your water top notch and keep up with it. The fish will heal fine on it's own.

I would examine my maintance rutine and see if I couldnt improve it to help this process move along.. 10ppm or less NO3 would be my goal.. more and or larger water changes should help alot.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom