Goldfish with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spinzlynz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ugh I'm a little frustrated with how I ended up in my current situation.....
Newer tank, 2 goldfish, unplanned plants, 2-3 ich spots between the 2 fish.
I gathered info..... i read a few posts on treating with salt as well as few videos plus advice from 2 different pet stores.
To summerize what I understood before I started : increase heat to 78°~82°, remove plants since not planted yet, add 2 tablespoons per 3-5 gal.
Thats what I did. Now I'm researching my next steps and finding everything talks about a treatment tank or hospital! I didn't do that! Now what please help.!!!!

I removed my filter and put it in bucket with plants and tank water before I added salt. I only added 2 teaspoons of salt so far to approx 20 gallon. I have a new 30 gal tank empty.
Can I treat goldfish in a fish bowl with nothing in it for the 10 days while I wash gravel, decor, plants and jump start cycle in new tank?
Could there be ich in my filter media?
For goldfish what Temps and how much salt for how many days is safe?

A complete walk through would be wonderful!
Thanks in advance.

The main advantage to a hospital tank, imo, is the lower cost of treating fish, ie 20g vs say 90g. I would just treat in the 20 and not mess with the 30. One less headache. That's my 2 cents worth anyway

Back
Top Bottom