Goldfish with Ick for Over a Month Now - are they ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saradomin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought some little goldfish for my 90 gallon tank a month and a half ago. I didn't see signs of ick when I got them, but after a week of them in my tank, they starting developing some spots on their tails.

The temperature remained at 70F and above for the month and a half. They still onyl have a few spots on the tails, not on the bodies, and only a few are infected.

Are they fighting it off on their own?

I bought some little goldfish for my 90 gallon tank a month and a half ago. I didn't see signs of ick when I got them, but after a week of them in my tank, they starting developing some spots on their tails.

The temperature remained at 70F and above for the month and a half. They still onyl have a few spots on the tails, not on the bodies, and only a few are infected.

Are they fighting it off on their own?

Did you treat with anything? How about raise the temp?

I haven't treated it them at all. Is there an effective method of treatment for large aquariums that don't cost a fortune?

I haven't treated it them at all. Is there an effective method of treatment for large aquariums that don't cost a fortune?

I am sure you will be able to find something financially reasonable, but look at it this way...the longer you wait to treat, the worse the prognosis and the higher likelihood of wiping out your entire tank. The cost of replacing the fish will probably be more not to mention how sad you may feel.

Has anyone tried the Tetra Pond Treatment before? I like how it is highly concentrated so I don't have to dump bottles upon bottles of medication.

Sure thing! It kind of sucks that there are hardly any medications that have high concentrations.

Sure thing! It kind of sucks that there are hardly any medications that have high concentrations.

These companies are all in the business to make money. JUSt be careful with your dosing with the higher concentrations and you should probably dilute them to be on the safe side.

Out of interest would you have a pic of the spots?

I don't, but they look like the ick in this picture. The spots on my fish are more closely packed together.

Not my picture.
4091474_f260.jpg

Ok, sounds good, was a just in case. Just wanted to check it wasn't something internal to the fin (like fungus or growth marks) and more like the white ich salt-like grains sitting on the fin.

Ok, sounds good, was a just in case. Just wanted to check it wasn't something internal to the fin (like fungus or growth marks) and more like the white ich salt-like grains sitting on the fin.

Do you think the Tetra Pond Treatment will work? I haven't found much on it besides a few reviews on some stores.

I wonder if AA has a sticky on a meds list? Will have to jump on the desktop to have a look at the website. I guess each tank is so specific in setup, water conditions and fish anyways.

So I treated the tank last week at around 2:00 with the Pond Fish Treatment. It says to redose every 7 days if signs of disease are still present. Would it be alright to treat them 2-3 hours early or should I wait until it is 2:00?

Some spots did slightly change in position and a few more emerged in some of the fish. Is that a good sign?

Back
Top Bottom