I've had this goldfish for less than a month. Tank is 55 gallons, fully cycled with fluval 406 canister filter and an aquaclear 30 for water aeration.
Tank parameters are .25/0/10-20 Ammonia has never read less than .25, ever.
Maintenance is weekly 50% WC
with several miniscule water changes during the week just to suck up poo so it doesn't look bad.
I have done 2 salt dips in the last week on this fish, at 1 tsp salt/liter water for 5 min each. Things have gotten worse. I feel like he has several different symptoms going on.
- white "pimple" like spots under the skin, they sometimes ooze white stuff (blue)
- Salt like spots *on* the skin, looks like ich (purple)
- A small red thread hanging off his side (red)
- A white dot on his tail fin that is not uniform in shape, but NOT fuzzy (yellow)
- poo that is occasionally clear and gel like (see photo)
Today was the first day he refused to eat. I removed him from his tank and put in into a quarantine bin for easier treatment. This I added salt to at a level of 1 tsp per 6 gallons. He normally eats a gel food with a high quality flake that I sink as a treat. He has unlimited access to duckweed.
Can anyone help me diagnose what is wrong with him? I have access to a microscope in need be. Thank you.