Goldfish Won't Move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What color is the cloudiness, whitish or bluish? Just keep following the directions on the medication, ich will often get worse before it gets better. I would also recommend dosing aquarium salt during the treatment as well, normally 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons but wit the Goldie's I'm not sure if that is to high. I will PM the goldfish whisperer and find out!

Really? It gets worse before it gets better? Nobody told me that. The cloudiness is whitish. Hope the whisperer can help!

Really? It gets worse before it gets better? Nobody told me that. The cloudiness is whitish. Hope the whisperer can help!

The whitish cloudiness is not caused by the medication, this is a bacteiral bloom that happens during the nitrogen cycle. Your in a tough spot trying to treat a disease and go through a fish in cycle simultaneously.

Have you tested the water parameters yet?

What fish are left besides the goldfish? Do you still have meds in the tank? Are you testing your parameters and doing water changes as required?

What fish are left besides the goldfish? Do you still have meds in the tank? Are you testing your parameters and doing water changes as required?

Molly,flounder,Pleco, and a snail kept separately. I hear that doing water changes with meds is a no no.

The meds say to add more the exact amount, every 24 hours. However I'm afraid that if I add more it will kill the fish. Should u do as instructed or do nothing?

Scaleless fish such as pleco won't be very tolerant of salt. When using ich meds with scaleless fish, they should be dosed at 1/2 the amount. Despite what the directions may say, if you don't do daily wcs, your fish will succumb to ammonia poisoning.

Scaleless fish such as pleco won't be very tolerant of salt. When using ich meds with scaleless fish, they should be dosed at 1/2 the amount. Despite what the directions may say, if you don't do daily wcs, your fish will succumb to ammonia poisoning.

Got it thanks

Plecos have no scales??? Do daily water changes until you tank is stable. As far as water conditioner keep it simple with, "Prime" only.

Back
Top Bottom