goldfish's eye socket half full of blood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

florentino

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i found my 3-4 year old goldfish to have about half of it's eye socket has a pool of blood in it. it's had a cloudy eye for a while now and now both of my two fish have (slightly) cloudy eyes, but only one had the blood thing. he seems healthy and normal, not acting strange, and nothing has changed in their habitat ir lifestyle. idk if its gonna hurt them or kill them or if i should just leave it? thank you fir your help

i found my 3-4 year old goldfish to have about half of it's eye socket has a pool of blood in it. it's had a cloudy eye for a while now and now both of my two fish have (slightly) cloudy eyes, but only one had the blood thing. he seems healthy and normal, not acting strange, and nothing has changed in their habitat ir lifestyle. idk if its gonna hurt them or kill them or if i should just leave it? thank you fir your help

What type of goldfish are we talking about here?
What size tank?
Do you test the water? If so, what with? ( strip or liquid)
Do you change the water? How much and how often?
If I were you, your own research will help a lot. I'd also shoot a pm at JLK on here. She is one of our goldfish experts! Also, welcome to the forum btw!

they're lemon goldfish, i don't know how big the tank is but it's big enough for them and i do a complete water change whenever they need it which is normally every 3-4 weeks. i don't know how to test the water but there is nothing new about their water - thank you :)

they're lemon goldfish, i don't know how big the tank is but it's big enough for them and i do a complete water change whenever they need it which is normally every 3-4 weeks. i don't know how to test the water but there is nothing new about their water - thank you :)

Please can you give us the dimensions of the tank? Sometimes the tank looks big enough but it really isn't :) you should never do a complete water change since it removes lots of beneficial bacteria ( the stuff which breaks down ammonia and Nitrite) you really should invest in a liquid test kit. Trust me, the water looks safe but you could have really toxic levels. This could be a reason for their cloudy eyes. The test liquid master test kit is really cheap.

Goldfish need a lot bigger tanks than most people believe. How long has this tank been set up?
Every time you change 100% of the water you are sending your tank into a whole new cycle and it's most likely the reason your fish is how it is. Do you dechlorinate your water? You need to buy a freshwater master test kit and I don't mean strips. Invest in a nice drop kit. That fish is not living in a very safe environment. We need tank dimensions ASAP or the gallon size.

Back
Top Bottom