Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-06-2022, 04:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

gourami losing his color

My gourami is one of a pair, living in a 20 gallon planted tank. We got him three months ago from a local fish shop; his tankmates are a couple of hatchetfish, a few grey tetra, and two catfish. When we introduced him, he was a bit aggressive toward the hatchetfish, but when we aded more surface plants, everyone calmed down.

Over the last few weeks, he's been losing his color. For a little bit, his eye was looking cloudy, but that seems to have recovered. He does seem to be eating. (ph 6.5, nitrates and nitrites not testing detectably, temperature seems to be floating ~69)

Dec17

Dec22

Jan05

Any sense of what's going on? Anything I can do for him?

Old 01-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

There are many causes for fish losing their colour. Stress, poor nutrition, infection.

Any elephant in the room for me would be water temperature. Thats too cold for gourami and will be causing health issues.

Tags
gourami, ram, color

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com