Gourami Poop White

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was looking at my Gourami today and his poop seems to be white and stringy. He is eating and acting normal so what could this be? I feed him Tetra Flakes and Bloodworm but have been treating the tank hes in for ick using heat(tanks slightly above 86 right now) and Aquari-Sol. Sould I be worried about this or is it a simple diet thing? I might try giving him some cooked peas.

Try the peas. True, white and stringy feces is usually the first indicator of internal parasites. If you see him start to look thin and eating alot more, grab some anti-parasite medicated fish food at your LFS.

Yeah its called Aquari-Sol by Aquarium Products. Says it treats Ick, Gasping for Air, Flickering Against Rocks, Protozoan Parasites, Sluggishness, and Velvet Disease.

Aquari-Sol is a copper sulfate medication. It won't do a thing for internal parasites. If the fish starts showing any of the signs I mentioned above, grab the medicated food as soon as possible.

HTH

I fed him a pea and am going to see if his poop changes color, if not ill try some of that medicated food. SHould I move him to a Q tank and observe him or should I just let him be for now?

Back
Top Bottom