Gourami Trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
I originally posted my concerns about my DG a week or two ag when symptoms first appeared. I have not been able to diagnose/treat the condition to date. This originally started as a white circle under the skin at the front of the dorsal fin. It was smooth, looked like a white head and was the diameter of a pencil eraser. It has since come through the skin and turned into a growth of some sort. It is white but also interlaced with red coloration. I treated with MYCN and am now trying Melafix. There is no bloat, issue with scales or anything else. He is eating and swimming around too. I took pictures and will post them, I'm sorry they are not clear but I hope my description will help, the sore is white and red. I really appreciate any help I can get for my buddy.

Thanks,
Amicus

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
It looks like a bactieral infection, it's not fuzzy is it? I would treat with Paraguard or Kaneplex by Seachem or Jungles Fungus Clear works well for bacterial infections too, and can be easily found at Walmart. The first two are great meds for a wide variety of illness but can be harsh for the fish, but the Fungus Clear is more gentle.

Not really fuzzy, but not smooth either. I am a little confused by the red coloring throughout the mass. I have been treating with Melafix but will look at the others.

Amicus said:
Not really fuzzy, but not smooth either. I am a little confused by the red coloring throughout the mass. I have been treating with Melafix but will look at the others.

I have the same problem with mine. I've been using furan2 with mo luck. I have read that poor breeding conditions make these fish venerable to sours. It a bizarre thing to cause mine acts dine eats well and everything. I'm afraid I'm going to eventually lose this battle. Let me see if I have a pick

Well he died. Tried my hardest to keep him alive but he went yesterday. In very interesting fashion I might add. He swam around in circles on his side then went into a bush in the gravel and that was it. Weird!! What a rockstar.

Back
Top Bottom