Hi all. Newbie here, appreciate any help you can offer.
I've got a powder blue dwarf gourami who's been in my tank about a month (details of tank below). He's got a bump/swelling under his eye/lower jaw area. This has been present for about a week. It's increased very very slightly in size in the week. He's otherwise eating well, swimming/acting normaly, his color is good, etc. Everyone else in the tank seems healthy. I've attached a pic. Thoughts? Help!
1. Size of tank? - 20gal tall
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? - .25ppm
b. Nitrite? - 0
c. Nitrate? -10ppm
d. pH, KH
? - pH 7.5 (chicago tap water), KH
e. Test kit? - API masterkit
3. Temperature? -76 degrees
(fresh water) or BW (brackish)? - Fresh
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? - 3 months, 1 fishless cycling and 2 with fish in
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? - 6 Serpea Tetras all about 1.5 inches and George the Gourami about 1.5 inches as well
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? - nope.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? - densely "planted" with silk plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? - fine gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? - one cave, opening plenty large
9. a. Filtration? - Grreat Choice 20gal that came with the kit (yes, i know now that's not a great filter and I'll replace it soon)
b. Heater? - don't know the brand, given by a friend, but temp is as measured by a thermometer
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? - incandescent in-hood lights, on about 6 hours a day
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? - soft indirect light during day
11. a. Water change schedule? - 5 gal
change weekly (25%)
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO
water? - tap water with TopFin conditioner
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? - about 1/4 vacuumed with each change
12. Foods? - freezedried bloodworms and daphnia each once per week, flakes on other days
How often are they fed? daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? - see above
b. Appearance of poop? - normal
c. Appearance of gills? - look fine
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? - nope
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.