Green Lantern Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J0NMAST3RS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering what this spot on my platy is. It started off small and slowly got bigger. I read on another site that said it comes with age, but it looks a little bumpy.

image-3485242262.jpg

image-3250299391.jpg

First and foremost, beautiful fish. That's one of the prettiest platies I've yet seen.

Is she swimming abnormally? Hiding? Showing any signs of possible irritation?

Are there male livebearers in the tank? If so, I'd guess she's pregnant.

That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Thank you very much. She isn't swimming weird and she is eating fine. She did have babies the day I got her but I don't have any males with her. She's had the spot since I got her and it was really small but it's grown alot.

They can store sperm for up to 6 months...so even if there aren't any males she can still fertilize herself. Be on the lookout for little ones.

But wouldn't the dark spot be on her stomach or by her tail an not on her face or around her eye? Thank you for replying though =)

Maybe it's just her colouring, and as she's settled it's come out more, she looks good to me, and if she's eating fine and showing no signs of illness I wouldn't worry :)
I agree she's really pretty, definitely one of the prettiest I've seen so far as well!

I apologize I thought you were referring the bulge in her stomach. I couldn't see anything else wrong. That should go to show that it's probably just her coloring.

Ok thank you guys very much I'm glad to know that she's alright but I have another question. One of my young platies seems to have some sort of a growth on her side. When I first saw it I though she probably scratched herself on a rock but it's gotten bigger and shes eating and swimming normally. Can anyone what might be?

image-3647310052.jpg

image-2574522866.jpg

Are you able to take a pic? Would be easier to see what it is, if its a scratch though, really clean water and melafix are what I find helps

Just seen the pics*** they didn't load first time

I can't really tell what that is, did it start as a scratch?

I'm not quite sure I though it was because it looked like her scales were lifted but now it looks as if there something growing out if it.

Erm I would try and take a closer look, do you have something smaller you could put her in to get a good look? Maybe it could be a growth, or possibly a worm? I'm just throwing ideas because I can't tell from the pics

I didn't want to move her and stress her out, It's gotten bigger but she still isn't behaving weirdly and still eats well. These are the best pictures I could get. I was hoping whatever it is would fall off but that hasn't happened lol

image-1976138819.jpg

image-3652812197.jpg

Also could anyone tell me what this type of fish is? I think it's a skirt tetra but I'm not sure.

image-1571199430.jpg

Thank you =)

Back
Top Bottom