Green Terror white stringy poo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeCasa

Aquarium Advice Freak
6" Green Terror in 150g mixed planted cichlid tank (African and Central Americans). Fish looks healthy, very active but won't eat and has white stringy poo. 8 fish in 150 and they've been together 8 months

No tank changes other than standard conflict with same size Dempsey

Started pooing white so I treated entire tank with API General Cure as per instructions. Two full doses over a 48 hour period followed by water change

No Change

Tore tank apart but finally got Terror out and into 5 gallon quarantine. Started treating with salt, 1 tablespoon in 5 gallons with 50% new clean salted water every day for a week

No Change

Next I mixed Seachem Furan2 (full packet); 1 measure of Kanaplex and one measure of MetroPlex into the 5 gallon quarantine. Waited 36 +/- hours and dosed again, waited another 36 and changed 50% of water.

No change, refuses to eat and still white poo. Even after three weeks of no food this fish looks good and he's active enough to flare up when he sees fish in main tank (right next to quarantine)

Not sure what to do next

I almost wonder if he's just mega stressed and my efforts are doing nothing but stressing him more. Can't stand seeing him staring at main tank, thinking of letting him back in the 150, sorta like dying in your own bed.

Thanks

Thanks, that's a nice site and it looks like the next cure all is Paracide-D. At the rate I'm going I'll have tried every medication out there.

I just wish that so many of these medications didn't instruct you to add to food when the symptom is fish not eating.

Back
Top Bottom