Growth on Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit, sorry to be pessimistic but I think it looks very infected and needs to be treated.

The grey scales look like those I saw recently on another Betta thread who was not so lucky with grey scales through the midsection. He perished, and was never abscessed nearly as bad as yours.

I hope the treatment helps! Is he isolated in a QT tank yet? Not sure if he had tank mates before.

Also, can we see photos of the same side? The grey has not reached the bottom ridge below the tail yet

It looks sadly like he may have fin it through the spine.. I would not be surprised if he loses his tail completely but still recovers, but who knows, sorry to be a downer

just looked at the very first photo of this abscess saga and nothing has improved, he is missing more than 10-15% of his body tissue and fins.

Thanks for your input marsh however this is much improved than the lymphocytosis was huge on his back. It's not an abscess it's the remainder of the growth. The grey scales are actually white and from the growth.
Mr Grumpy is looking happy ad feeding well. He's obviously having a bit of difficulty when he gets caught in the current but loves chasing his food and the rasboras around!

Attachments

• image-1561775216.jpg
    image-1561775216.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 471
Thats quite a big improvement! I am happy he is doing well and has fought this. Keep up the good job taking care of him! :)

Well I am less informed about his illness than you are so thank you for at least understanding my fear. Tough little fish no doubt about it.

Thank you for giving him a second chance. It's very rewarding to live with a survivor fish, I have bonded to marsh (my Betta with 9 lives) more than any other fish I have

May the force be with you

Thanks Jlk I started maracyn plus yest as he's got some fungus on the stubborn bits. It does looked to have got a bit bigger but that maybe because I'm aware of it now. Also whenever he brushes against things little bits of the lymphocytosis come off but he bleeds a little too. I hope this is just because its so close to the good skin now.

Oh dear it looks like poor Mr Grumpy is now suffering the effects of swim bladder. I think it is because the lymphocytosis is causing the compression on the swim bladder.
I'm going to stop feeding for a day or so but any help or guidance in relation to this new issue would be brilliant

Thanks marsh. I'm trying one last round of treatment then will have to let nature take its course. He doesn't look in distress just very lethargic poor guy

Oh well he's pine coning more today and the maracyn is making the tank all furry. Gonna do a big water change and just wait. Poor guy

The growth has gone externally. Same as last photo posted. It looks like the lymphocytosis has gone internal causing him to bloat. He's just hanging out on top of the filter. I don't think he'll make it will just have to try and keep my fingers crossed

The poor guy is having real trouble now. Looks like the growth has stopped the of his tail from working, the pine coning has subsided which is something but its sad watching him hang out in te filter or struggle around the bottom of the tank

This is your choice. I can't help but feel sad now. My instinct says euthanize him but I only have second hand info, you gotta make the call

If I thought he was suffering I would. But I really hate the thought of killing anything. He gives me a wriggle when he sees me and comes up for food. I'm annoyed the lymphocytosis has gone like this in him when it seems to not badly affect other fish. It's taken over the back end of his body. Poor boy

I feel for you and your better. I am going through the same with mine. He has been slowly deteriorating since November, fin rot, swim bladder, a bit of pine coning and now some growth on the side of his body. But he still eats and tries to be social so I can't decide.

Good Luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom