GSP New To Me, Advice Welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PetersonSchool

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! First post!

I purchased what I was told were freshwater puffers perfect for my established freshwater community tank. They were so mistaken. My fault for not doing research in the store (no pics available on their website) but here we are. I ended up realizing I needed a brackish tank, and purchasing and setting it up last night. Bad bad bad, I know.

Not sure how or why, but the fishy gods smiled upon us and we were able to get it set up and perfect readings late last night.

The puffers turned dark, I assume from the stress of waiting for their tank to be ready.

This morning they are active, interacting, eating well, swimming around well, exploring. The darkness improved overnight somewhat, but given the crappy tank set up circumstances I thought I would ask you all to weigh in.

50 gallon tank
1.5 inches long
pH 7.6
Spec Grav 1.006
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates negative
Temp 78F

Am I being a worry wart and they just need more time to acclimate? Do I need to intervene? If so, what do you suggest?

Thank you!

Oof. You're really supposed to match what they were in and move it towards 1.01. If you put the from fresh to 1.06 they're really hurting. They're resilient fish, cruise rivers into varying waters but that's a big swing. I'd try and back it down slowly. The cycle will be the next biggest hurtle. Not going to lie. I cycled my brackish tank with 4 Gsp. I bought some holey rock at the lfs with them though. Used sachem stable and daily prime doses.

Back
Top Bottom