Guarami Fin rot...please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gbp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My guarami has developed 2 holes in its fin suddenly. Water quality is good no ammonia no nitrates. All other fish seem healthy. He is eating well and swimming normally.
Is it finrot or something else???
About a month ago I went on holiday and the electrical cut out for 2 days. Although the electrics came back in an hour, the RCb was not reset till I got back 2 days later, so no filtration and no heater.
My beloved pleco died but all othe fish survived and now I spotted the holes month later on my guarami.
I have a 54liter tank with 3 guaramis, 3 mollies, 3 guppies and 5 guppy babies.
Please help.

Attachments

• 20210214_172823.jpg
    20210214_172823.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210214_173030.jpg
    20210214_173030.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
May I ask what size tank you have and what other fish is in the tank with it. This would help me with finding out what it is. Is there any blood streaks on the fins? Also welcome to the forum

Thank you.
I have a 54liter tank with 3 guaramis, 3 mollies, 3 guppies and 5 guppy babies. The guppy babies I will give away once we are out of lockdown.
No blood streaks that I can see.

Ahh I’m sorry I didn’t realize you said that in the first post. So it might be the other 2 gourami biting it do you know the genders of them?

1 male and 2 female Gourami
2 male and 1 female molly
3 female guppies
Not sure about the babies.
They have all been in the tank for a while and I have never seen them aggressive towards each other. They all seem peaceful.

I think I’m going to have to pass this to someone else I’ll research and if I find anything I’ll tell you. All I can tell you is keep checking the water and try some water changes if it gets worse I recommend putting it in a quarantine tank to keep it from infecting others if it is fin rot. I wish you the best of luck update if anything changes

No. The fins on the edges appear absolutely normal, not translucent no frays.
Just these 2 holes in the middle.

Odd, I'd just watch it for a day or two. If you see any type of progression then immediately treat for fin rot as aggressively as possible. Bacterial infections are hard to beat. And most of the time hard to detect

Back
Top Bottom