guarami fish has thread like things hanging down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msskippy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i am new to this site hope i am in the right place. i really appreciate any advice from your experienced members, here goes i have purchased a jewel 240l tank that was already established for 10months, the tank was up and running with 22 fish, i purchased the tank the day after the previous owner sold the fish, i set the tank up with media and existing sand etc i purchased 9 neon teras a week later then continued to slowly add fish and 3 months later i have 30 small fish including clown loach bala shark tera and guarami and shrimp all as been brilliant i test my water weekly with api test my water is always spot on ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrare o (i have live plants). feed once a day all spot on then two weeks ago i purchased honey guaramis 3 after a week one had a white worm like thing hanging from
the gill it was not eating and looked ill. i was told by the pet store to use sterizin for worms in a bath every other day for a week but it died. the other two have since developed white stringy poo like things hanging down, i continue to give them the baths in sterizin solution and gave them peas to eat in case it was constipation cant treat whole tank because of my beloved shrimps. the fish are lively eating as usual and seem to be uneffected, any advice i would gladly appreciate many thanks, i am choosing this site because:dance::):) other sites seem to have psycotic members, who told me my first 9 neon tetras would die a horrible death with ammonia poisioning even though the tank was cycled and my readings were spot on. and my 9 neon tetras are thriving and already an inch in length. many thanks wait to hear from you xx

Back
Top Bottom