guppies getting ill overnight, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shuvit

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here was my guppy last night, had what looked like white patch either side of tail but fin was intact

ForumRunner_20120823_075412.jpg

ForumRunner_20120823_075441.jpg

ForumRunner_20120823_075507.jpg

This morning her tail is bein eaten away

ForumRunner_20120823_075617.jpg

ForumRunner_20120823_075648.jpg

One of my males also have red spots on his tail.

ForumRunner_20120823_075800.jpg

I don't know about the red spots on the males tail, but the female would probably benifit from primafix. How many other guppies are there? Size of tank and all that good stuff.

There's 5 females and 2 males now. (males only go in to mate) We have guppies mollies plattys, gold barbs, a plec, kahuli loaches, 2 glass bloodfins and some neons. Water is spot on with api master test kit.
Have done a 50% w/c and added aquarium salt. All the others look really healthy and happy, just these bloomin guppies!
Oh tank is 125 litre. Previously had high ammonia and nitrates but that's been sorted around 2 weeks.

I know only too well how guppies can fall apart. Sometimes it just comes down to vigour, if the fish dosen't make it..then it dosen't make it. Guppies have breen inbred heavily as you probably know and even if you give them perfect conditions, many about 35-50% will die just from stress of moving from grower to petstore then to your house in a week or two. I wish you luck. If you have fry, that are born in your water, they will be much stronger and vigorous.

Back
Top Bottom