Guppies keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saylormanos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I keep a 5.5 Gallon tank with a filter, heater, and i keep only 3 guppies in my tank. I’ve had 2 of my male guppies for 2 months now and recently got another male. I noticed that my new male’s tail has been chewed/torn off (and his tail used to be HUGE!) and his stomach seems to be bigger, and he can barely swim. Sometimes he may roll upside down. This has happened before with another smaller guppy. but the 2 male guppies, are the fish I have always had in my tank and they are always fine. I find that this is strange behavior, the other 2 guppies never have any problems what so ever. Do you think that the other guppies are attacking the new one? what should i get instead of another guppy?

My guppy did die and I did do what I could. I’m just wondering, should I only keep those 2 guppies in there? I am thinking, since this happened twice with them and their tails that the other 2 guppies were aggressive and attacked him.

I’m guessing tails were ok when you bought them? I can’t really comment much for that size tank except I’ve noticed some fish just can’t get on with others. I’d be surprised with guppies but perhaps just not enough room for more than a few.

Back
Top Bottom