Guppy breathing heavy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vvoopers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a male guppy who is breathing very heavy. He is not going to the top to gasp for air rather he is just breathing hard. It has gotten worse over the course of a month and I have now isolated him. He looks a little bloated but I'm not really sure. I've had him for about 3 months.

Ammonia: 0ppm
nitrites: 0ppm
nitrates: 20 ppm
temp 78 F
pH: 7.4

My tank is about 36~ gallons and I set it up around 4 months ago. I did have another guppy pass away around 3 weeks ago with similar symptoms but he had loss of balance.

I have a Marineland PF0350B Penguin Power Filter, 350 GPH

I have 2 female platy's, one male brush nose pleco and one male dwarf gourami (he has had some trouble breathing off and on)

I cleaned their tank around 4 days ago and do a 25% water change and vacuum about once a week. And I haven't added anything new. Usually when I clean the tank I add a dechlorinator, waste reduction formula, quick start, stress coat and a little aquarium salt.

I'm pretty new to the hobby so I apologize if I'm doing anything wrong. Thanks for the help :)!

I have a male guppy who is breathing very heavy. He is not going to the top to gasp for air rather he is just breathing hard. It has gotten worse over the course of a month and I have now isolated him. He looks a little bloated but I'm not really sure. I've had him for about 3 months.

Ammonia: 0ppm
nitrites: 0ppm
nitrates: 20 ppm
temp 78 F
pH: 7.4

My tank is about 36~ gallons and I set it up around 4 months ago. I did have another guppy pass away around 3 weeks ago with similar symptoms but he had loss of balance.

I have a Marineland PF0350B Penguin Power Filter, 350 GPH

I have 2 female platy's, one male brush nose pleco and one male dwarf gourami (he has had some trouble breathing off and on)

I cleaned their tank around 4 days ago and do a 25% water change and vacuum about once a week. And I haven't added anything new. Usually when I clean the tank I add a dechlorinator, waste reduction formula, quick start, stress coat and a little aquarium salt.

I'm pretty new to the hobby so I apologize if I'm doing anything wrong. Thanks for the help :)!
Did you cycle your tank...

Back
Top Bottom