Guppy bruised?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lily1714

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My guppy got this injury after giving birth. It just appeared a day later. Is it just a bruise? Should i let it heal on its own?

Attachments

• image-2459915793.jpg
    image-2459915793.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 140
They can get heaterburns? Ive literally had this aquarium for a little over a week so im a beginner

Help

I had one get burned once. The heater was horizontal. It could be also that the water is toxic for your fish.

Do you have water conditioner? I would recommend testing it but you should do a 50% water change right away if you can't test it. Using same temp water as the tank water and dechlorinater as indicated for chlorine/chloramine.

The info below should help with the understanding of the bacteria cycle. (if you already don't know) Always knowing more is better.

If you have only had the tank for a week I am guessing it isn't cycled. Do you have a test kit? Friends with any fish tanks? You could ask for a sample of their filter media if they can spare it to help you.

Clean water is soooo important.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/fish-in-cycling-step-over-into-the-dark-side-176446.html

This is the link to Jetajockey's fish in cycling thread.
Also read the Freshwater /Getting Started stickies at the beginning of the categoriThe Freshwater section. This should help.

I found her dead this morning :( i did a water change yesterday and made sure the temps were the same and i had the water sit for 24 hours before putting it in.

I am sorry you lost your guppy. Do you have other fish in there still?
Did you use water conditioner/dechlorinator, if not it is best to use it?

See if you can get a sample of water to the local fish store and see how your water parameters are. Do you have a filter, I don't know if I asked? What size is your tank?

If you can see if your water numbers are good then just keep up with regular partial water changes (pwc). Depends on your stock of fish and filter how often and how much to change.

After some research i found on quite a few sites that my fish have columnaris

Back
Top Bottom