Guppy Fin problem ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessiejohnson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I have an adult male guppy, not a really fancy one. His tail in normally perfect (edge wise, never had fin rot), and a few days ago, I saw a red line appear right at the end of his tail, like he was bleeding on the very edge of it. I had to go away for the weekend, and I am now back, to discover that while the red line is either gone, or not visible, his fins are rotting(???) away, but not like I have seen before. I have a betta in another tank, so I have seen fin rot like that, and past guppies have had more traditional fin rot. His fins are in triangular chunks, like a perfect wedge is being taken out, in several areas. This is obviously getting worse very quickly, and I am not sure what to do. I have isolated him, and did a 50% water change, so all the levels are fine. Thank you anyone who can help!

p.s. i tried getting a picture of him, but he just won't hold still long enough :wink:

[center:cb76a6e101] Welcome to AA, jessiejohnson! :n00b: [/center:cb76a6e101]
Try Melafix to prevent secondary infection, it also may help the fin rot. I dont' keep fancy tailed fish and can't help further. Sorry :?

Back
Top Bottom