Guppy has pink poo that is stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csuggett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, my fancy guppy has pinkish poo that won't release. I believe he is constipated from munching on an algae wafer. All my other fish are healthy, levels are good....haven't had a sick fish in 6 months. I've given him two epsom salt baths (one per day at about 1 tablespoon per half gallon). I have also fed frozen peas but nothing is making the poo fall out. It doesn't look like prolapse because of the brown tinge on the end and it is not that big. I will try to take a pic tonight. What else can i try?

Well, my guppies have pink poop depending on what I feed them. Never seen it not breakoff though. Epsom salt can be a solution if it is truly constipated. That being said though, internal parasites can also be located within the anus of the fish and what're you're looking at could actually be a parasite. Look up some videos on something like that and you might find a better answer. It's hard to say without seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom