Guppy help, sick fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnotherZephyr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I’m new to the forum and was hoping this expansive knowledge base could help me out. I have been having some issues with my guppy’s I have gotten recently. I got 1 male and 3 females from a local pet store 2 of the females were pregnant when purchased. They share a tank with a dwarf flame gourami and seem to get on quite well. Yesterday after about a week of having the guppy’s the male and females were eating and swimming normally when I checked them about an hour later the male and the 1 guppy female that wasn’t pregnant were struggling to swim upright and were flopping around in the water. I separated them into my hospital tank as soon as I noticed but unfortunately within half an hour both had passed. I did a quick examination after this out of the water and neither showed any immediate signs of disease or sickness. Although I may have missed something or it may have been more subtle that what I looked for. But the 2 pregnant females seem to be ok at this point 1 actually gave birth to its fry which I have in a seperate tank and the other is somewhat close to labour too. But when I separated my still pregnant female into the breeder box / tank I noticed it has a sort of dry looking scale strip down one side just before the tail with a couple red dots on it. Pics included for reference 99AF4345-B83F-4313-9725-68DAA3AD34BD.jpg31D4072A-6339-48B4-BB35-4885AF4DF483.jpg77576AD7-8164-4C9D-9239-D260E845EBA9.jpgE3994E92-45B1-48A2-AAE1-A6B315DD8A2C.jpg. Any idea why this is happening? I do know the next closest store in this chain is currently having issues with their guppy’s and not selling them due to treating them. For what I do not know though. My gourami seems happy enough and the other female that gave birth isn’t showing the same symptoms. Any advice and any treatment ideas? Thanks for your help and let me know if you need to know any more details about tanks or levels of the water etc etc.

Columnaris i think, it eats flesh. Looks like her flesh is being eaten away. Columnaris has a LOT of different symptoms. I had a lot of sudden fish death and weird unrelated symptoms in my fish for a while before i figured it out and treated them for it. Watch Norman’s video on Columnaris in case it is that. “Cookie’s Fishroom” or something, theres a whole video about it.

Columnaris i think, it eats flesh. Looks like her flesh is being eaten away. Columnaris has a LOT of different symptoms. I had a lot of sudden fish death and weird unrelated symptoms in my fish for a while before i figured it out and treated them for it. Watch Norman’s video on Columnaris in case it is that. “Cookie’s Fishroom” or something, theres a whole video about it.

IMG_9887.jpg

Coincidentally this is the one fish that survived it all. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom