Guppy hit by gravel vacuum! Mollys sides are red?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OwlByNature

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was doing my water changes and accidentally hit a guppy with the vacuum! He seems very disoriented and is laying at the bottom of the tank. Will he be okay? What should I do in the future to prevent this, and how can I help him be healthy?
Also my silver molly looks like a pikachu, she has red holes where her gills are, I've seen other fish nipping at them. What can I do to help her?? I don't want them to die because then I'd be down to 3 guppies, and one molly. 4 fish would be lonely in my ten gallon! I need to keep my current six healthy!

I was doing my water changes and accidentally hit a guppy with the vacuum! He seems very disoriented and is laying at the bottom of the tank. Will he be okay? What should I do in the future to prevent this, and how can I help him be healthy?
Also my silver molly looks like a pikachu, she has red holes where her gills are, I've seen other fish nipping at them. What can I do to help her?? I don't want them to die because then I'd be down to 3 guppies, and one molly. 4 fish would be lonely in my ten gallon! I need to keep my current six healthy!

This happend to my german blue ram and you can prevent it by putting your net over the lid of the siphon while doing WC. I dont know whats up with the molly tho...

They guppy will be fine in a day or 2

Back
Top Bottom