Guppy issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I came down this morning to find one of my double tailed guppies no only has one tail! The other has quite obviously been nipped off but I'm unsure of the culprit. I recently purchased some common guppies and one of them in particular has done nothing but nip at the double tails. I also bought 3 female fighters and one of them has been nipping the other 2 fighters but I've never seen her go for the guppies? So who's the more likely suspect? Can a Guppy even nip hard enough to take off the whole tail?

I would think the aggression from other male guppies could of done it, but Since you have female fighters, that could be the issue. They could of thought he was another one of them and nipped at him. I would recommend putting them in there own separate tank so no further damage is done.

My guppy had it's tail nipped two nights ago by a blue tetra. It's only a small nip, but half of it has grown back already :D

That's a relief then coz it was a beautiful fish. I've got rid of the fighters now and took the other guppies in to the lfs to see what the problem was and it turns out another shop had sold me 3 females so that's why the males were scrapping. Anyways back to all males now (with a few new pigeon bloods for good measure) so its a happy tank again. Thanks for the help though guys

Back
Top Bottom