Guppy Momma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This morning around 6:30am I found some more fry in my tank :)
The thing is I'm worried about my on eyed momma. She had been acting funny lately. Mostly up against the wall or divider panting in the last couple of days, well now I know why. Though when I was looking at her, it looks like someone pinched her stomach or at least where the babies where held. I didn't notice this when someone gave birth two weeks ago. Is that normal when the are done birthing?

Sorry no pics, I was running late and I am currently at work, worried and tired. I've been up since 4am X_X thought I had the stomach flu and was at the toliet for most of the morning.

15 galllon Mates: f guppy, f platy, two f betta, male betta-divided. Bettas tend to leave everyone alone.

Water test(liquid)
Ph 7.6
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

Sometimes birthing the fry will take a lot out of the female, do you see a bubble looking thing where her gravid spot would be?

Bubbles0oO said:
Sometimes birthing the fry will take a lot out of the female, do you see a bubble looking thing where her gravid spot would be?

Not that I could tell, it was white and flat. I think she was the one who gave birth a couple of weeks ago? My other guppy was fine.
Moms going home and she if she's ok for me.

Who else is in the tank with her?

She may have just finished birthing from a batch of sperm she got from a male, I know my guppies always have a small gravid spot but when the don't the male will chase her around to breed ( not that he doesn't change them around even when they are squared out lol )

Bubbles0oO said:
Who else is in the tank with her?

She may have just finished birthing from a batch of sperm she got from a male, I know my guppies always have a small gravid spot but when the don't the male will chase her around to breed ( not that he doesn't change them around even when they are squared out lol )

No males all females, except for the betta. But he's in a seperate part of the tank. One other female guppy, she's ready to burst, female platy, two female bettas.
Could she give birth to another set of fry so soon?

Mom just called me and said she's still alive but sitting at the bottom panting still. I go home in a half an hour and see if I can get a picture. I hope she's ok. :(
All bettas have been moved out of the tank, so no one is bothering her and lights are still out, so that they have a harder time finding and eating fry.

The one who looks about to burst will probably give another batch of fry as soon as she starts looking square, how often do you do water changes and how much?

Bubbles0oO said:
The one who looks about to burst will probably give another batch of fry as soon as she starts looking square, how often do you do water changes and how much?

About 25-50% every week.
Everything looks alright at this point, I changed a bit of the water last night. Today the fry are going with the others in the 5gal in the breeder net of course.
I still don't see the squarenis in the belly. Though if I look hard enough I can see the fry in there.
I got 9 fry altogether. :)
She's eating today and looks a bit happier, even though she is very flat around the belly. She's the smallest of the two.

Bubbles0oO said:
Good, what about the prego one? Is she squared?

I can't really tell, I've had her for almost 4 wks so I'm sure its soon.
Still trying to look for the signs, still looks round to me.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120225_140726.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120225_140726.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 52
Ok yea she doesn't looked squared out at all, when she is she will lOok very uncomfortable and like a bubble on a stick lol

Back
Top Bottom