Guppy not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CalypsoGuppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20g tank with 6 guppies (2 males 4 females)

Ive recently noticed that one of my female guppies hasn't been eating and she is rather slim. During feeding time I see her catch some flakes in her mouth but then spit them out. She hasn't been active at all and her tail fin isn't open but like closed (idk how to explain it) I decided to separate her and put her in a breeder box. She's currently just staying in one spot and avoiding the food (I sprinkled to see if she would at least try to eat something.)
Another thing that might be important is that her gravid spot is really dark and I believe that she's in the early stages of being pregnant. :(

What are your water parameters? How long has your tank been set up? It is cycled?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Everything is fine my tank has been set up for a year now and last time I cleaned it was 2 days ago I also have an air bubbler in my tank, heater, filter, and all my other fish are doing great

She could have internal parasites is what I would think. Sometimes it takes a while for the symptoms, and there is medication for it in most cases!

Worst case is it's purely bad genetics, a lot of live bearers are mass breed causing severe and harmful genetic mutations. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do in this case. My suggestion is to treat for parasites and hopefully she'll get better ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would try prazipro as a parasite medication. It's safe for healthy fish and your biofilter and effective for treating internal worms.

There is a medicine called gerneral cure or something at petsmart that contains PRAZIQUINTEL and METRONIDAZOLE
This is what i would use. Along with lots of Waterchanges and maybe salt.
Nothing else is gonna work buddy.

Back
Top Bottom