Guppy problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

btweak6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 5.0ppm in my community tank of two ADF, one ghost shrimp, four otos and three guppies (used to be three but now two females, one male). Last week I was out of town and one of my guppies was due to give birth, my husband (not knowing any better) had her in a breeding trap in my other ten gallon fry tank for two days...I blame myself for not informing him better :(. He said her scales were sticking out like pinecones (Dropsy) so he freaked out and put her back in the community tank. I put her in a hospital tank and tried to treat her with salt..which I knew it was too late, she got really bad and I ended up euthanizing her. Now tonight, I noticed my black guppy who is due in a week, swimming and then darting and jerking/twitching and I have no idea what is going on. She isn't scratching on anything, she is just doing this while swimming. She will be still and then dart and jerk around. My only idea is my other fish was stressed from being in the breeder, became weak and got a bacterial infection, hubby put her in the main tank before I got home and put her in the hospital tank and she infected the black guppy? I don't know, I'm trying to make sense of this. Sorry this is so long, i'm worried and trying to figure out what this is and what to treat. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom