Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Guppy soooo big

Hey all, I have this guppy thatís been bloated for some time. Seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Is this a female about to give birth (seller said it was male so just checking), or does it have dropsy. Itís eating and swimming. Just getting bigger and bigger. I feel so bad for him!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18D9C7C3-11E9-4408-8F88-EE407BC2BC3C.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	323226   Click image for larger version

Name:	A71E5849-DBC8-41FF-8A92-09C4E081CADF.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	323227  

Old 04-05-2022, 05:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Guppy soooo big

Hello, this is definitely a male guppy and that is definitely dropsy. I would remove the fish from the tank soon as you can, could spread to other fish. Can also try and treat him, and for future at first sight of dropsy can jump right on it. A rebound in health is unlikely but possible. Get him in a bucket with an air pump at least for a quarantine tank but with a heater would be better. Now need to give him an epsom salt bath. In a different bowl the ratio is 2 tablespoons of epsom salt to 1 gallon of freshwater. Donít have to use a full gallon for a small fish. Place the fish in the bowl for 25-30minutes trying to get the temperature as close as possible to the quarantine bucket and move air stone to bowl from bucket. Then place the fish back into the bucket and bring back the air pump.

Tags
big, guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com