Guppy wirh dropsy :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KimmiA

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my male guppies in my 20gal has dropsy. Unfortunately I caught it in the "pinconeing" stage.

He gradually was become more lethargic each day, but since my water parameters were okay and the rest of the community tank was fine, I just blamed it on old age. he's swimming alright, but barely can choke down even the tiniest of flake food.

I have a hospital tank set up, but at this stage is it even worth it?

I think I have a male guppy with it, too. How bad is the pine-coning? Mine also has a red dot on its side. Any other symptoms on yours?

I've had a female Betta with dropsy before and I managed to treat it and she came back healthy for a few months but it did happen again which is quite common if they do make a recovery. I list her after the second round. I'd still try, put him in the hospital tank away from the others. I used Epsom salts and fed her de shelled peas I just microwaved them. Ill try and find a link that's follows along the lines of what I did with mine.

Back
Top Bottom